Monday, May 2, 2011

Forties Fashion

I just wanted to share with you a fabulous book I have recently added to my reference library.  I feel really lucky that the university where I work has a College of Fine Arts and, therefore, our bookstore has a very good selection of books about fashion. 

This 208-page softcover book is entitled, Forties Fashion From Siren Suits to the New Look, and it's published by Thames & Hudson.  (ISBN number is 978-0-500-28897-9).  It has 250 illustrations, 196 of which are in glorious color.  It's just chock full of the history of clothing during and after the war years, some of which I had never read anywhere before.

So, if you're a Forties kind of gal, treat yourself to this one!  It's an excellent source of images and information.

The front cover shows a group of French women in 1945 who were sporting dyed hair for the first time since the War began.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...