Friday, May 6, 2011

French Chic 1960s Style

This will be a short little post today as I am up to my ears in a couple hundred French Vogue ads from the early 1960s.  Lots of scanning and getting ready for TOMORROW when I actually get to start listing them in the shop.  Here's one of my favorites from the group to give you a little tease of what's coming in the next few days.

 Rose Marie Reid Yellow Swimsuit 
Striped Beach Jacket
French Vogue May 1961
Etsy Listing # 73543852 


If you'd like to know more about Rose Marie Reid, there's a great biography and company history by April Ainsworth at Vintage Vixen.

I seem to be continuing my "happiness" theme from the past couple of days because this yellow swimsuit and multicolored striped beach jacket really makes me smile!  We're just starting into winter now here in Australia so it's an especially bright spot in my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...