Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Peep Toes Need a Good Home

I found these gorgeous 1940s French peep toe heels a couple of years ago and have been holding onto them.  I've decided I've just got to let them go and I'm hoping someone will see them in my Etsy shop and decide they can't live without them!

I can still remember how my heart started racing when I found them.  They were French and in exactly my size--it seemed as though fate had made it happen!  But, I rarely ever wear high heels anymore and I'd love to find them a new home.  Have a look in my Paper Doll Girls shop if they're "calling your name".  Free postage to anywhere in the world!

Here's all the important details about these beautiful shoes:

 

This gorgeous pair of 1940s WWII peep toe heels is in excellent vintage condition. The brown suede and leather are still very soft. These shoes must have been very special to the owner because they were obviously well taken care all these years since the war.

The label inside the shoe reads: Pinot, Bottier, London and Anvers, with two seals, one of which is stamped "Brussels" and the other is marked "London". The inside of the shoes is tan leather. The sole is leather, and of course, has wear, but is still in very good condition. The tip of the toe and the bottom of the heel still have the original metal taps to protect them. The leather in the sole is embossed with "Roberts 744", which I assume is the style name and number.

Each shoe features a small leather bow at the peep toe and small arrows of leather interwoven in the suede along to top of the shoe from the bow to the back heel.

There is a small scuff on the suede of the outside of the left shoe near the top of the heel and a small scuff on the outside of the right shoe, plus a tiny nick in the leather of the sole at the point of the right toe. Aside from these small imperfections, these shoes are absolutely fantastic. I have never personally seen another pair of vintage 1940 shoes in as good condition as these shoes are.

I wear an Australian size 7 shoe and these shoes fit me perfectly. I would suggest that they might be more suitable for someone with a slimmer foot. Please check the measurements below to assure fit:

Insole length 9-1/4 inches (measured inside shoe)
Width at widest part under shoe 3 inches
Heel height 3 inches

I like to imagine that a very stylish gal back in the 1940s spent time swing dancing with these beautiful shoes on her feet!

1 comment:

  1. These are STUNNING - no way they will last very long =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...