Monday, May 9, 2011

Knit One Purl One

Today I thought I would blog about my other etsy shop, Vogue Vintage Knitswhich focuses on vintage 1930s-1950s knitting and crochet patterns.  I'm afraid I'm really a woeful knitter and crocheter, but that doesn't stop me from coveting some of the items in the shop!

 1930s Crochet & Knit Evening Dress

One of my customers purchased this pattern to make for an early autumn wedding dress for herself.  I think that it would absolutely gorgeous dress for the occasion.

Poodle Sweater
Vogue Knitting 1951

Of all the patterns available in my shop, this one is my absolute favorite.  I think this woman looks spectacular with her poodle sweater and long black gloves.  The net tied on her head really adds some pizazz!

1940s Jack London Crochet Handbag

I love this handbag by Jack London.  There is a very nice selection of these handbags in the shop, and each one of them is the epitome of 1940s chic! 

1953 Vogue Shrug

Now, this is about the extent of what my knitting skills allow me to make.  I did make a couple of these last year and they are really so simple, even I can do it!


 1950s Little Girls Bolero Sweater

And last, but not least, this is just the sweetest little pattern! 

There are lots more vintage patterns in the shop, so please stop by! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...