Friday, April 29, 2011

Sunny Hartnett

My favorite model of the 1950s is Sunny Hartnett.   As a blonde in a sea of dark-haired models, she really stood out.  I think she was an absolutely gorgeous woman.  Her name is so fitting for the lightness she radiated in her photos.  Here are a few of my favorites from my etsy shop:

 Vogue USA 
January 1, 1956

 Vogue USA
January 1, 1956

Vogue USA
March 1, 1956

She was born in New York in 1924, and given the name of Annemarie Margot Harnett. She had a very successful modeling career throughout the 1950s and upon retiring, became an assistant to Eileen Ford of Ford Models.  This photograph of her wearing a Madame Gres gown was taken by Richard Avedon in 1954 and is an absolute icon:





1 comment:

  1. LOVE these pics of Sunny Harnett! I am a paper doll artist, & am working on a paper doll of Sunny right now! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...